Thursday, August 13, 2009

Getting Excited!

Well, since my last post, things have been divinely moving forward for me whether I want it to or not! I guess you could say, I'm just along for the ride!

I have been talking to different people about my dream of owning my own business and when I tell them what I'd like to do...they get all excited and think it's a good idea! So...that leaves me to believe that this should be done! I've also been reading a lot of Ken Robert's articles on his blog, MildlyCreative.com and have been very inspired by what I have read. A couple of the ones that really stood out for me was the one that says you have to be clear about what it is you want to do otherwise how can you convince someone else....AND...your intention to make your dream happen....if I don't have intention in my life regarding my dream, how can I honestly say that I want to make it happen! He is so right!

So, my son is starting school on August 17th at the Carpentry Trade Center and needed to assure the funding for it...so my husband took him to the bank and got him the loan for his course...but while he was there, he talked to the lady at the bank about each of our business ideas and she loved it...she loved them so much that she gave us a business package to get us pointed in the right direction! Can't wait to dive into that!

Also, I was talking to some ladies at church about my business idea and what I have done for the teens in our community and they want to get me to decorate for their social get togethers as well as let me advertise any time I do throw a dance or party for the teens! One lady is supposed to give me some items that she was going to use when she was thinking of starting a Wedding Decorating Business....for free! And I had another girl tell me that she's going to give me an archway after she's done with it in June next year! She said she won't have any use for it! Plus, I talked to someone else who said their sister did Weddings until she got sick 3 years ago and can talk to her about selling me what she has plus get me the names of her suppliers! So you see, I have lots to think about!

My idea is to have a costume/puppet and themed party planning shop...I can rent costumes as well as sell them. Also, decorate for themed parties as well as weddings! The consensus seems to be telling me that there is a need for this business. Someone else even said that their sister rents out ballgowns for proms and weddings and such and stays quite busy even though it's a small town! I know of one or two around here but for some strange reason, they aren't listed in the phone book or advertised very well...they rely mainly on word of mouth! I'm really excited about the prospects of what's going to happen! I will keep you posted as to what happens! So stay tuned because it looks like things are going to happen for me! Woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment