Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Time to move on!

Well, I've begun the process of trying to simplify my life so that I can begin to pursue my dream of owning and running my own business. The dream has been there for a long time but because I had begun some volunteer commitments with the youth ministry in our church and doing outreach for teens, it left me with no time for anything else but my full time job working 40+ hours and volunteering doing 30+ hours with that. Needless to say, a lot of other things have suffered because of it.

I've decided to step back and stop the volunteering altogether so that I can put all my focus and energy on starting and running my business. Life is short and I'm not getting any younger. I don't want to let life pass me by and not have done everything within my power to get me there. Yes, helping out with the Lifeteen program did give me many rewards and a lot of experience with using my creativity, as well as giving me much needed strength. After thinking on it...I feel at peace with it. So it must be the right decision to make.

Our son is graduating this year and will no longer be allowed to go to Lifeteen unless he makes the decision himself, to volunteer to help. One of the main reasons I was helping was because he was going to it and the rest just became the bonuses of helping out. My problem is though, that I had been volunteering to help out at other churches as well...three in total to be exact! Some were temporary commitments but time consuming just the same! Sometimes things were happening at the same time where they would be pulling at me all at the same time. It almost drove me mad! I just kept looking at it as if they were clients and I needed to please them all. I managed ok but it was touch and go at times! lol!

So, once I finish up with these last two commitments (banners for one church and the graduating Lifenight), I would like to consider myself finished with the volunteering so that I can put my energies and focus on myself, my business and simplifying my life! I'm at a good place in my life...it's time to move on!

2 comments:

  1. Your business plans sound really fun! And good for you for making the decision to make something happen! Sometimes we have to stop doing for everyone else and take care of our own dreams too!

    ReplyDelete