Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Being a Scanner!

I used to think that there was something wrong with me....why wasn't I able to pick a profession or something that I wanted to do and stick to it? Did I have something wrong with me? Was there something that I was doing wrong or should have been doing? I just couldn't figure out why! Until I read about Barbara Sher...she wrote the books, 'Refuse to Choose: A Revolutionary Program for Doing Everything You Love' and 'I Could Do Anything, If I Only Knew What It Was'. Right now, I'm reading, 'It's Only Too Late If You Don't Start Now: How To Create Your Second Life At Any Age'....Barbara helped me realize that I'm perfectly normal! There's nothing wrong with me other than the fact that I love a lot of different things. She calls that, being a 'scanner'. My only problem is that they just happen to be all at once, lol!

Lately, I've been feeling the itch to want to be an Organizer and/or a Home Stager, I also love to make costumes/puppets, jewelry...Party planning...I simply LOVE to be creative....I have a passion for thinking outside the box when it comes to creating things! For the past two years, I have been doing volunteer work at some churches and schools and used my creativity to create environments for teen get togethers, I've thrown parties/dances for the teens, and I've helped out at my son's high school musicals for the last three years, helping with costumes! I have had a blast! I thoroughly enjoy doing those things. This year I am also helping to make liturgical banners for one of the churches that I go to. All of these things, have strengthened my experiences at being creative.

Right now, I'm trying to figure it all out and try to create and form a business that I can make a good living at and feed my passion for being creative. I want to do it all....I think that I can do it! I have an abundance of resources to look at...but because I work and do a lot of volunteering, I don't always get the chance to read any of it. It tends to make my life a bit chaotic and overwhelming. I'm trying to slow it down though and take things one day at a time and one thing/item at a time. It'll happen, I can feel it. I haven't always felt it in the past...but things are changing for me....I'm focusing on releasing positive energy and living a life full of positive outcomes! After all, everything happens for a reason....everything that I have done up to this point, has been for a reason! I just have to become more aware and figure out how the puzzle fits together!

Life is an adventure...I want to enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment