Thursday, March 19, 2009

Moving Forward....

I am excited about moving forward with my dream of owning and running my own business! Lately, it has been feeling more and more like a reality! I am in a foreign territory here but I want to move forward just the same! Fear or not!

The things I know for sure are, that I am a very hard worker...I know that I can do the work! I have always done 110% no matter what I have done in my lifetime. I am what people would consider a perfectionist. Not to mention, I'm a people pleaser! I wouldn't be happy unless the customer was happy. Personally, I think that those are some pretty good combinations for running a business. I'm hoping to learn the rest (business aspect) as I go. Right now, I need to ask a lot of questions and learn from those who are already doing it! So I've been observing on Twitter and have been fascinated with what I've seen!

I am a huge fan of Barbara Sher. She has written many books on escaping the J. O. B. world. She has a unique perspective that makes you realize that, 'Hey, there's nothing wrong with me at all'...lol! You see, I used to think that there was something wrong with me because I couldn't settle on one thing I liked to do with my life. I am a creative person and absolutely LOVE thinking outside the box and being creative! So, when I read her books, she explained that I was what she called a 'scanner'...which is someone who loves all kinds of things and can't settle on just one thing. We wouldn't be happy if we did! I love that!

I also belong to Valerie Young's website, 'Changing Course', which taught me about having multiple streams of income. So, if I want to have a bunch of small businesses that could bring in small amounts, that somewhat relate, they can all add up to give me a reasonable amount to live on. Which gives me the happiness factor! I've always believed that a job isn't worth doing unless you're happy with it. Otherwise, you lose a piece of your soul! I've been there, done that....didn't like how it felt! I also look at it this way....I'm not getting any younger and I don't want life to pass me by without having tried! Right?

So, I've come to realize that this is the year to make things happen for me...I'm moving forward and onward to make my dreams happen. I'm learning from reading different things that have been inspirational to me, that life is short....no one knows what tomorrow brings and that I...me alone with God's help, have the ability to make my life what I want it to be. No one else can do it for me...so I have to do it. I have to make the changes and create the life that I want! I'm excited and scared at the same time but I think that I'm in the right place right now, in my life to make things happen! I can feel it! It's going to happen!

Here's to moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment