Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Making plans!

Well, I have been wanting to start my own business ever since I can remember. Mostly because I didn't want to answer to someone else. I hate someone having that much control over me! At my age of 42, it's not pleasant! I have been searching and going on journey's of self discovery for probably the last two to three years, trying to figure out how to go about starting my own business!

At first, I thought I wanted to become a home stager, only because a realtor had said I would be a great one, years ago when she saw my house. I strongly considered it, looked into it, took some courses and bought a lot of books and DVD's to show me how....but fear, always got in my way. It always left me feeling that I was an impostor, playing at decorating! I haven't ruled it completely out, but it's not in the cards for me at this time! I want to build some self-confidence first by starting a little side business making puppets, costumes and props. You see, I work full time right now but I have the advantage of doing this on the side, for now till things take off!

I'm excited because this is the first time that it actually feels like I may succeed in actually doing it! I have been talking to several people and trying to ask questions. Trying to dispell any fears that I might have. Of course, there will always be fears but if they are small and manageable...then those I can handle!

This year, 2009, has been the year of making changes for me. I was told at my last doctor's visit that I was borderline diabetic and that my liver enzymes were elevated. Not good! I joined and began a diet plan called Simply For Life. It's a lifestyle change. Since joining in early February, I've lost 17 and a half pounds! I feel wonderful! I also have been going to a wellness clinic and have totally made some remarkable changes for myself with a lot of positive energy and positive thinking! The mindset, is a wonderful thing! The law of attraction!

I also have my faith and belief in God...it gives me a lot of balance in my life! Finding peace isn't always easy but if you can find what works for you, you can live a wonderful life! I know that I'm well on my way there! I thank God every day for His wonderful graces!

Right now, I am just trying to make plans and get this business up and running and on the road! Some of my volunteer work will be done in another month and I will be free to start getting things done and on the road to new beginnings! I welcome you all to follow along while I start creating my newest venture!

I have joined the social network, Twitter, and have met some very creative and brilliant people who are very helpful in showing me what's out there! So to me, this is exciting and I can't wait to get started! Thanks for following!

Here's to making plans and getting started!

No comments:

Post a Comment